- Expand usage of the CAPABLE system to send a rn, work-related therapist, and home repair person to older adults’ homes to simply help them age in the home or perhaps in their communities
- Help direct care employees by establishing a $15 each hour minimum wage and supporting real bargaining energy for many domestic employees, including the ones that offer house care
- Reduce steadily the burden of unpaid caregiving by providing working Americans with 12 days of paid family leave and improving help for caregivers
Psychological State & Addiction Care
Freedom means we have all usage of the health that is mental addiction care they want.
Americans are in the middle of a devastating epidemic of despair. In the time that is same our psychological state care system is in crisis. Pete’s eyesight embraces prevention and guarantees everybody in need of assistance gets the help not just to start to heal, but in addition to believe that they belong within their community as well as in our nation.
Pete’s plan is holistic. Completely applied, their plan will avoid 1 million deaths as a result of medications, alcohol, and committing committing committing suicide by 2028. He can enable communities to leverage their particular innovation and expertise to enhance health that is mental counter addiction through a 10-year $100 billion Healing and Belonging grant system.
Other Important Policy Areas
- Enforce health that is mental addiction therapy parity so psychological state care can be available as treatment plan for real conditions
- Provide everybody else access to life-saving opioid use disorder medicine
- Hold medication businesses that profited through the crisis accountable that is opioid
- Change the way we speak about psychological state to finish stigma that is harmful
- Need all educational schools to instruct Mental Health First help courses
- Address disparities in psychological state and addiction through nationwide and community-based efforts
- Decriminalize psychological infection and addiction
Protection means making sure every family that is american financial reassurance now plus in the near future.
Improve the minimum wage to $15 and make certain workers use of the predictable hours, wages, and support they deserve.
For too much time, the typical worker’s wages have never held up with costs like medical care, housing, and training. Pete really wants to be sure that employees that are providing their all to an company are receiving compensated fairly in exchange. By raising the minimum wage to $15 and past, we are able to begin taking learning to make certain that the economy is doing work for all employees. Restoring Obama-era overtime regulations will make sure that over eight million employees who’re setting up more time for their employers receives a commission for all hours.
We ought to likewise have an honest discussion on how to re solve greater problem of automation and disruption that is economic. As less and less folks have a solitary boss, training and task positioning programs are critical. But therefore is exactly what occurs to someone’s identification. We are in need of measures to bridge earnings and benefits whenever tasks are disrupted–and to produce non-work that is meaningful for building identity and community.
Empowering employees in an economy that is changing
Other Important Policy Areas
- Pass paid household and medical leave
- Extend pay and advantage defenses to uncovered workers
- Purchase top-notch kid care and early childhood learning programs
Democracy means more shared experiences into the solution of our nation.
When Pete had been a Navy Reserve Officer, he discovered to trust and collaborate with gents and ladies from radically variable backgrounds — including different events, religions, and political leanings. At this time, we turn away thousands of young adults who volunteer to serve. Army solution, Peace Corps solution, and domestic service-year possibilities through efforts like AmeriCorps must be expanded until solution turns into a universal expectation for almost any youth that is american.
“A New Call to Service” aims to quadruple service possibilities to 1 million school that is high by 2026. Our plan calls young People in the us to meaningfully take part in key challenges of our time: resilience and sustainability against environment interruption; community wellbeing, including psychological state, addiction, and substance usage; and long-lasting caregiving and intergenerational mentorship.
Browse Pete’s proposition for national solution: “A brand brand brand New Call to Service. ”
A path for young adults to meaningfully take part in their communities.
Freedom means the capacity to arrange so that you can hold companies accountable and advocate for fair pay.
Years ago, we had been guaranteed a increasing tide of financial development that could raise all ships. We got the increasing tide–GDP went up, efficiency went up–but our paychecks didn’t show it. Working class wages have actually stagnated since 1980. The necessity for additional skills in a changing economy is one little bit of the puzzle. However the difficult the fact is that as the economy changed, workers’ voices were systematically silenced. Our economy is tilted toward the rich and far from the center and working course because individuals in energy created our regulations and policies in that way.
Pete’s policies will empower employees and raise wages, going beyond current legislative proposals, to speed up wage development when it comes to great majority of People in the us who’re perhaps not into the tenth that is richest. Their policies make an effort to increase unionization, restore workers’ rights that have already been eroded by years of anti-worker policies, enshrine the ability to multi-employer bargaining, and expand defenses for gig economy, farm, and domestic employees.
Empowering workers in an economy that is changing
CRITICAL POLICY AREAS
- Institute gender spend transparency and produce safe, equitable, available, and reasonable workplaces
- Impose strong, multimillion-dollar charges that scale with business size whenever a business disrupts union elections
- Degree the playing field by needing “equal airtime on business time, ” making sure that employees hear from union organizers and not soleley companies
- Establish a preference that is consistent government contracting for unionized employers
- End “right-to-work” regulations, which ban union safety in collective bargaining
- Guarantee workers usage of compensated leave that is sick paid family leave, additionally the predictable hours and wages they deserve
- Make sure that all workers can deal because of the ongoing organizations that truly control the regards to their work
- Stop companies from completely changing employees whom strike, boosting employees’ legal rights to boycotts that are secondary